I have always looked to the library as being my home away from home. Especially the University library. Given my experience there are certain types of people that libraries attract. The first and probably most annoying are the people who just have to follow the rules. If it says "no food or drink" these are the people that will walk up to you and announce in front of everybody that you need to "please throw that away". At the library I frequent we have five floors, two of those floors are "quiet floors", during my studying on one of the so-called "quiet floors" this kid gets a phone call. In a very polite manner he gets up and disappears into the stacks. The guy at the next table next to mine gets up and follows the kid! You have to realize that when I say kid I mean my peer. The jerk at the next table announces to the kid and practically everybody in my study section that this is a "quite floor" and he needs to use his cell phone somewhere else.
And then! and then! the jerk returns to his table where he sits for another another 5 minutes, THEN decides to crawl under his table and take a nap. His grotesque white belly peeking out through the bottom of his shirt and his heavy breathing. Have some decency man!

1 comment:
Haha. Bears in libraries, how exciting. I gotta admit though, that some people just wanna create drama and are just plain annoying. I want to disappear into the stacks and enter into another world like in "The Witch, The Lion, and the Wardrobe."
Post a Comment