Great things about the Shiprock Fair:
1. My mom's cooking
2. Spending time with family
3. Indian Market and all it's wonderful jewelry and food.
4. Free candy at the parade
5. Feeling part of a community tradition, 97 years!!
6. Finally finding the red mush lady!
7. The Obama/Biden float, and seeing how many Navajos support them!
Not so great things at the fair:
1. The parade being rained out ALL day Saturday, boo.
2. The road to my parent's house, which was muddy.
3. Only being there for 3 days
4. Glawnnies (sp?)
5. Seeing the lost kids at the parade holding the hands of police officers.
6. Feeling out of place.

1 comment:
NICE! I feel bad for missing out on the whole fair experience. :( Glad you had fun though. "Feel out of place?" I guess I do too at times. Are you becoming an urban native now? Haha. J/K.
Post a Comment